“There is no envy, jealousy, or hatred between the different colors of the rainbow. And no fear either. Because each one exists to make others’ love more beautiful.”
― Aberjhani, Author of Journey through the Power of the Rainbow: Quotations from a Life Made Out of Poetry
Canada is one of the few western countries that allow people to come and work in their county for a select period of time in a separate visa known as “work visa”. The primary reason for countries to do so is to tide over the shortage of human resources in those countries. One example is Italy where Indians are running the dairy and cheese producing units in the rural areas due to shortage of manpower. Many Indians head to Canadian shore for limited time periods to gain international work exposure as well as make lots of money under the aegis of this scheme. In this blog, we shall discuss in detail about the Work permit process/requirements for Canada.
The Canada Work Permit is applicable for temporary workers, overseas students from Canadian universities, businessmen, and others who need to work in Canada.
The work permit process for Canada is listed below:
1. A job offer or an employment contract from a Canadian employer is the first step in obtaining the work permit.
2. The employer must get from Employment and Social Development Canada an LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) which gives them permission to hire professionals from overseas, as local manpower is not available to fill those positions.
3. Apply for the relevant visa with all the necessary paperwork and supporting documents such as educational qualification certificates, Proof of professional qualifications, including work experience and proof of having adequate money to cover expenses during stay in Canada
4. The applicant must convince immigration officials that they would return to India after the end of their employment.
Two types of work permits:
Openwork Permit – It allows you to work for any employer in the country
Employer Specific Permit – As the term goes, it allows you to work only for a mentioned/stated employer where it is stated type, place, and duration of work
The conditions for being granted a work permit:
1. No history of criminal record
2. Medical certificate of good health
3. Meet eligibility conditions such as language skills, biometric data, and insurance
4. Sticking to the rules of the work permit
Dhruv Nandrajog, 45 years old from Delhi is currently on a work permit in Alberta province for an electrical manufacturing unit in a rural town. His expertise in this trade is funneling he company’s growth and robust practices. It is giving him munch needed work exposure, salary in Canadian dollars, and the taste of the good life. It is a win-win situation for him and his family as well as the business he working with.
Getting a work permit can be a tedious process with a jumble of things requirements and process, therefore taking the help of a professional like Kytero makes sense, where everything is done for you and success at the end of the day, is assured. We have processed thousands of cases and are happy to refer you to our past happy clients. So, for all those who wish to taste the good life in Canada and are unsure of the entire bureaucratic process, reach out to us for an engagement session today.