Studying in Canada is made simpler and faster with its new Study Direct Stream!

Study in Canada Now!

Canada hosts more than 250,000 international students and has experienced a huge increase in demand from overseas students in recent years.

Student studying in Canada can expect a peaceful, multicultural environment with people who are friendly and interested in learning about new cultures. As a bonus, Canada borders the US and offers easy access to travel there.

The Study Direct Stream (SDS) provides a streamlined study permit application process for students who can enter directly into their program or their choice at an eligible Canadian institution. The process will make it easier for every student because of its faster processing time and also very few financial documents are required.

Frequently Asked Questions

What are the requirements for admission into Canadian universities?

I have finished two years of my program in my home country. I would like to finish the last year of my program in Canada. Will a Canadian institution accept my first two years of study and allow me to start in the third year of the program in Canada?

Each university in Canada has its own policy regarding transfer credits from other institutions. Contact the university directly to find out which transfer credits, if any, can be applied towards your intended program of study. You may also want to research if your current institution has any agreements with institutions in Canada that would allow for credit recognition. The international relations office of your university may be able to help in that regards.

I was accepted at a Canadian institution and sent in my application for a Study Permit/Visa a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything. Can you tell me when my Study Permit/Visa will arrive? Can you do anything to speed up the process so I get my Study Permit/Visa right away?

Visas and Study Permits are administered by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. Please direct all your queries regarding your application to them. Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada has no involvement or influence in regards to Visas and Study Permits.

Can my spouse work in Canada while I study?

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for a Work Permit if you are a full-time student at an authorized institution and have a Study Permit.

My child is a Canadian citizen, but we have been living outside Canada for many years. How can I find out what grade my child will go into when we return to Canada? Does she/he need to apply as an international student?

Education in Canada is under the jurisdiction of the provinces/territories, so you will need to contact the province or territory where you plan to live, as well as your new city or town?s school board. As a Canadian citizen, your child would not be required to apply as an international student, and therefore would not need a Visa or Study Permit.

Quick Enquiry